Aia di Verderio – Museum of Country Life

This complex, once used for drying grain, was designed by the architect Gaetano Besia of Domodossola. In 1857 the building was recorded in the land registry and it was inaugurated in 1863. The main building was used for sales offi ces whereas the yard was where the farm workers spread out the grain to dry in the sun. In 2004 it was purchased by the Verderio family, owners of Coverd, and renovated in order to house the head offices of their company which deals with natural bioarchitecture materials and technologies. The courtyard, paved in granite slabs, houses the Museum of Country Life which reconstructs fi ve environments to illustrate the way people once lived through a large collection of orginal tools and everyday items from the late 19th and early 20th century.

Coverd Export

1 Via Sernovella
Verderio (LC) Italy
+39 039 512487

This contact form is deactivated because you refused to accept Google reCaptcha service which is necessary to validate any messages sent by the form.