Verderio Threshing Floor – The History, Restoration, and Museum

The Verderio Threshing Floor, a complex used for drying grains, was designed by the architect Besia from Domodossola, registered in 1857, and inaugurated in 1863.

The building was used for commercial offices, while on the threshing floor, farmers would lay out the grain to dry in the sun.

In 2004, it was purchased by the Verderio family, owners of the company Coverd, and restored for the headquarters of their company, which deals with technologies and natural bio-building materials.

Underneath the courtyard of granite slabs, there is a museum, “Twentieth Century Peasant Life,” where five typical settings of rural life have been recreated with original period tools.

Coverd Export

Via Sernovella 1 – 23879 Verderio (LC) Italy – Tel +39 039 512487 –

Free Newsletter

Subscribe to our free newsletter to receive our communications regarding
Invitations to events, Specialized fairs, Offers on our products, Informative newsletters, Catalogs and Technical sheets, Energy savings.

Information request

This contact form is deactivated because you refused to accept Google reCaptcha service which is necessary to validate any messages sent by the form.